Tempura Fried Zucchini
Tempura Fried Zucchini – Crisp, light, and airy tempura with a satisfyingly crunchy texture. The batter is great for all kinds of vegetables.
- 3 zucchini, sliced into thin slices
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup ice-cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Your choice of dipping sauce:
- Chili sauce
- Tempura sauce
- Soy sauce
- Prepare the zucchini by washing and slicing it into thin rounds. Pat them dry with a paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, water, egg yolks, and ice-cold water. Whisk until slightly lumpy. Do not overmix.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or wok to 450 – 375 degrees.
- Dip the zucchini slices into the tempura batter, making sure each slice is well-coated.
- Carefully place the coated zucchini slices into the hot oil, a few at a time, to avoid overcrowding. Fry until golden brown and crispy, usually 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once the zucchini slices are golden brown, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve the tempura-fried zucchini immediately while they are still hot and crispy.
- Sprinkle a little extra salt on the fried zucchini if desired.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as soy sauce or tempura dipping sauce.
- Enjoy your delicious tempura-fried zucchini!