How to Make Butterscotch Pudding
How to Make Butterscotch Pudding – Rich and creamy caramel flavored pudding that is straight comfort food!
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a medium saucepan on the stove without the burner on, add the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk and egg yolks. Stir to combine until the egg yolks are broken up and incorporated into the milk.
- Add the milk mixture into the saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Turn on the burner to medium.
- Continue to stir constantly until the pudding begins to lightly bubble.
- Cook the pudding for about 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Turn the heat off.
- Add the vanilla and butter. Stir until it melts.
- Pour the pudding into a medium bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Once it is cooled, refrigerate the pudding until it is cold.
- Serve topped with homemade whipped cream.