ABT Atomic Buffalo Turds AKA Jalapeno Poppers
ABT Atomic Buffalo Turds AKA Jalapeno Poppers – Classic stuffed and smoked jalapeno peppers. Great as an appetizer at your next BBQ!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 40 pieces 1x
- Category: BBQ
- Cuisine: Barbecue
- 20 jalapeno peppers
- 1 – 14 oz package of Little Smokies
- 1 lb bacon, each piece sliced in half
- 1 box cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- BBQ rub (to taste)
- 2 – 3 cups BBQ sauce
- Slice jalapeno lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Stuff the jalapeno with cream cheese, top with a Little Smokie, and wrap in a half of piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle ABTs with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Fire up your smoker using the Minion Method to 275 degrees.
- Cook ABTs for about an hour, checking every 15 minutes to ensure that peppers are not too soft. About 10 minutes before the peppers are done, paint the BBQ sauce on the peppers with a silicone brush. Let smoke an additional 10 – 15 minutes to set the sauce.