Air Fryer Steak and Cheese Sandwich
Air Fryer Steak and Cheese Sandwich – Juicy and tender rib-eye steak topped with Provolone cheese, bell peppers, and onions.
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 small bell peppers, sliced into strips
- Salt & fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound rib-eye steak, shaved or cut into thin strips
- Montreal Steak Seasoning (or your favorite, to taste)
- Olive oil spray
- 4 – 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 Italian sub rolls
- Butter (to taste)
- In a small bowl, add the sliced onions and bell peppers.
- Spritz with olive oil spray to coat. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- In the basket of your air fryer, add the onion and bell pepper slices.
- Cook at 370 degrees for approximately 8 – 10 minutes.
- When the onions and bell peppers are done, remove to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spritz the steak with olive oil spray to coat. Season with Montreal Steak Seasoning (or your favorite) to your taste.
- Add the steak to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees for approximately 2 – 3 minutes. Remove basket and flip. Return the basket to the air fryer for about 1 additional minute (or cook to your desired doneness).
- Remove the steak from the air fryer. Set aside.
- Split the sub roll and butter each side.
- Put the roll into the air fryer inside facing up.
- Top with steak, onions, bell peppers, and cheese.
- Toast and melt the cheese in the air fryer at 350 degrees for approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich from the air fryer.
- Fold to close and cut in half.
- Plate with chips, fries, or salad.