Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken
Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken – Tender and juicy chicken roasted in your air fryer. A great way to get dinner on the table fast. Save leftovers for a nice roasted chicken sandwich for lunch.
- 1 whole chicken less than 5 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 – 3 tablespoons BBQ Rub or your favorite seasoning blend
- Brine your chicken in a classic salt water brine. Let it sit in the refrigerator uncovered several hours to dry.
- Coat the chicken with olive oil and BBQ rub.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Put the chicken breast down in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove and turn chicken over so it is breast side up.
- Continue to cook for approximately 20 – 30 additional minutes. If you are having excessive browning, cover the chicken with foil.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer when it reaches at least 165 degrees. Cook to your desired doneness.
- Let the chicken rest 10 – 15 minutes.
- Carve, pull, or chop the chicken as desired. Enjoy!
- My air fryer is 5.3 quart. I recommend getting a chicken that is less than 5 pounds. If your air fryer is smaller, you will have to get a smaller chicken or game hen.
- Large Silicone Trivet Hot Pads