Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta – Classic recipe of tomatoes and basil with a balsamic dressing. Serves as a topping on slices of grilled crusty baguette.
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf of crusty baguette bread
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil and butter for grilling bread
- Wash and drain the tomatoes. Cut tomatoes into small pieces and add into a medium bowl. Cut basil into a chiffonade and add to the bowl. Add garlic. To make the dressing, add balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the bowl. Stir. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Cut the baguette into pieces on the diagonal. Add butter and olive oil to a grill pan and grill the bread until toasted. Put bread on a plate and top with the tomato mixture. *Alternatively, you can top the bread with olive oil and a scoop of the tomato mixture and bake in oven until toasted.