Bacon Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Bacon Graham Cracker Crust – A great crust for your unique pie recipe. Eric uses this pie crust to make his Bacon Key Lime Pie.
- 8 strips of cooked bacon, cut into bacon bits
- 10 – 15 graham crackers (1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs or 2 cups if using a deep dish pie pan)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (1/2 cup if making a deep dish pie pan)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bacon on a wire rack over a sheet pan.
- Bake the bacon until crispy (approximately 20 – 30 minutes).
- When the bacon is done, remove from the oven and place on a plate. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the graham crackers.
- Pulse until the graham crackers turns to crumbs. Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Add the bacon, reserving a few teaspoons for a garnish. Pulse until the bacon turns to crumbs.
- Add the graham crackers and sugar to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add in the butter and combine.
- Pour the crumb mixture into a pie pan. Press to form the pie crust. Pressing it with the bottom of a glass can help make it even.