Baked Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions
Baked Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions – A great side dish for almost any main dish! It is not quite your traditional risotto, but it is delicious!
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 –4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a deep saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and saute the mushrooms. Add garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the rice and saute until lightly toasted. Once the rice is toasted, add the chicken broth and let it come to a slow boil.
- Cover the rice and put into the oven at 350 degrees. Let it bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- In a saute or cast iron pan, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and saute the onions over medium heat until they are browned and caramelized. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- When the rice is done, remove it from the oven. Fluff the rice and top with the caramelized onion and the parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!