BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Category: Pizza
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- BBQ rub, to taste
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- BBQ Sauce (see Amy’s recipe for Honey BBQ Sauce)
- Pizza dough for 1 large pizza (See Amy’s recipe for Bread Machine Pizza Dough)
- Place chicken breasts into a medium bowl and coat with olive oil, lime juice. Sprinkle with your favorite BBQ rub, to taste. Allow to marinate approximately 10 minutes. Cook the chicken on the grill or grill pan until desired doneness.
- Slice red onion into half moons, separate the layers, and set aside. Slice or chunk the chicken and set aside. On your favorite pizza dough, spread on your favorite BBQ sauce as desired. Top with the grated mozzarella cheese, chicken pieces, and red onion. Bake in oven or grill until browned and cheese is bubbly.