The BEST BBQ Thanksgiving Turkey
The BEST BBQ Thanksgiving Turkey – Moist and juicy turkey with a smoky flavor cooked on a Weber BBQ grill. This turkey is our family favorite!
- 1 whole turkey
- 1 batch of Eric’s brine
- BBQ rub or seasoning mix (your favorite)
- 1 onion sliced in half
- 1 apple, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 – 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 – 2 twigs of fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
- Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey. Rinse thoroughly (if desired).
- Brine the turkey (if desired).
- Put the turkey on a V rack over a cutting board.
- Rub the turkey with the seasoning including under the skin and inside the cavity 9 be careful not to rip the skin).
- Put the onion, apple, orange, cinnamon stick, and rosemary in the cavity.
- If desired, truss the turkey and/or secure the skin.
- Brush oil all over the turkey.
- Fire your grill with 1 chimney of charcoal. Arrange the charcoal on the outside of the kettle. Put a half pan in the center (under the bird).
- Probe the turkey in the thickest part of the bird if you would like to monitor the temperature(if desired).
- Check on the turkey about every half hour. Add charcoal as needed. Brush with additional oil (if desired).
- Cook to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees in the thickest part of the bird. This will take 2 – 3 hours depending on the size of your turkey and the heat level.
- When the turkey reaches your desired temperature, remove to a platter and tent with foil. Allow it to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Carve, serve, and enjoy!