Beer Can Chicken
- Category: BBQ
- Cuisine: American
- 1 whole chicken
- Chicken brine
- 1 can of beer
- Olive oil
- BBQ rub (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- Prepare chicken: remove from the package and rinse.
- Prepare a brine. Brine chicken for approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- Fire your charcoal grill.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and rinse thoroughly. Pat dry.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board. Rub under the skin with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Open a can of beer or fill the reservoir of the Weber Poultry Roaster with beer (or chicken broth if desired).
- Place the chicken on the stand or on the beer can. Brush with olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Insert temperature probe if desired.
- Cover with the lid. Cook until the chicken registers at least 165 degrees in the thickest part (or to your desired doneness).
- If the skin on top of the bird starts getting too brown, tent it with foil.
- When the chicken is done, remove, tent, and allow it to rest 10 – 15 minutes.
- Carve and enjoy!