Berry Cobbler – Sweet, comforting, and delicious! The bottom of the cobbler has a delicious berry syrup. Your family will love this recipe!
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- Grease a baking dish with shortening.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Add milk and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Remove the batter from the mixing bowl into the baking pan.
- Spread out evenly to cover the bottom of the baking pan. The batter will be very thick.
- Sprinkle the berries and then the sugar over the top of the batter.
- Carefully pour the hot water over the cobbler.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes at 425 degrees. Cobbler will be done when cake is brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cobbler cool until slightly warm to allow the berry syrup to fully thicken.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!