The BEST Scrambled Egg and Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches
The BEST Scrambled Egg and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich ~ Filled with cheesy, crispy, bacon goodness! You will dream about this sandwich!
- 1 Anaheim chile, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 – 5 slices of bacon, cut into bacon bits
- 2 – 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 sub rolls
- 6 egg
- 2 – 4 slices of your favorite cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, saute the bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Remove the bacon grease and add 1 tablespoon butter. Saute the onion until translucent.
- While the onion is cooking, heat a griddle over medium heat. Melt butter on the griddle and place the sub rolls inside down on the griddle and toast.
- Add the Anaheim chile to the skillet with the onions and saute until softened.
- Add garlic to the skillet and saute for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove the toasted sub rolls to plates.
- Beat the eggs until they yolks and whites are fully incorporated. Add to the skillet.
- Cook the eggs according to Amy’s famous scrambled eggs technique, low heat pulling the sides in as they cook in an effort to develop large curds.
- Sprinkle the eggs with the bacon bits.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- On the griddle assemble the sandwiches. Place the sub rolls on the griddle and top with the egg scramble and cheese.
- Put the sandwiches into the oven briefly to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove from the oven onto a platter. Finish assembling the sandwiches by topping with tomato. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut sandwiches in half.
- Serve & enjoy!
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.