Better Than TV Dinner Salisbury Steak
Better Than TV Dinner Salisbury Steak – Homemade version of the classic tv dinner of a juicy and flavorful “steak” with a mushroom gravy.
- Category: Beef
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, medium diced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, black pepper, and onion soup mix. From meat into 6 patties.
- Brown the meat patties in the oil on both sides in a saute pan. Remove from pan and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees to your desired doneness.
- While the meat is in the oven, saute mushrooms in the skillet that you browned the meat in. Cook about 5 minutes until softened. Remove the mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onions and cook until translucent. Remove the meat from the oven. Tent the meat to keep it warm.
- Return the mushrooms to the saute pan. Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and black pepper. Let the sauce come to a boil. If needed, add a cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles.