Bourbon Peach Crisp
Bourbon Peach Crisp – Made with blanched and peeled peaches with a bourbon, citrus, and berry reduction. Topped with a sweet crumble.
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/4 sticks cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 8 peaches, blanched, peeled, and sliced into eighths
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter. Mix until it forms crumbs.
- Remove the crumb topping to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a Windsor pan or saute pan, add the bourbon and simmer. Reduce it by half. Remove to a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Add frozen berries, orange and lime juices. Simmer and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Strain the reduction into a Pyrex measuring cup or medium glass mixing bowl.
- In a bowl with your peaches, add sugars, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add the bourbon & berry reduction. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Prepare a large casserole pan by greasing with a little butter.
- Pour the peaches into the casserole pan. Spread out so it is even around the casserole pan.
- Top with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until topping is lightly brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool and serve!