Bow Tie Farfalle Pasta with Sausage and Mushrooms
Bow Tie Farfalle Pasta with Sausage and Mushrooms – Simple pasta comfort food recipe that is a great weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Italian Seasoning (to taste – I use Penzeys Tuscan Sunset)
- Granulated garlic (to taste)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Handful of chopped basil (chiffonade)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 pound farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 20 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a saute pan, scramble the sausage in a little olive oil and cook until done. Remove from the saute pan into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add olive oil.
- Add the onions. Cook until translucent and softened.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and saute 1 – 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, fresh ground black pepper, and salt.
- Add the butter. Allow to melt and create a little sauce.
- In a pasta pot, cook the bow tie farfalle according to the package directions to the al dente stage.
- Drain and add to the saute pan or into a large bowl. Combine.
- Add the grape tomatoes and basil. Adjust the seasoning and olive oil.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!