Braised Chicken Rosemary
Braised Chicken Rosemary – Tender and flavorful braised chicken with a subtle rosemary flavor. Served over noodles or rice. Great dish for a weeknight or weekend family meal.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 – 2 inch cubes (approx. 1 pound)
- 2 medium onions, sliced into half moons and separated
- 2 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock (approx)
- 10 oz medium egg noodles, cooked according to the package directions
- In a Ziplock bag, mix flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Shake to combine.
- Add the chicken into the bag with the spice mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan and saute the onion until translucent.
- Remove the chicken from the pan into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil into the saute pan.
- Saute the seasoned chicken until it is approximately 80% done.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken stock into the saute pan with the chicken.
- Braise the chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Return the onions to the saute pan and sprinkle on the rosemary.
- Adjust the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Braise for about 20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over egg noodles. Enjoy!