Bread Machine Hamburger Buns
Bread Machine Hamburger Buns – Soft homemade hamburger buns made fresh in your bread machine. Perfect for the ultimate burger!
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast (I prefer SAF)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In the pan of your bread machine, add the ingredients in the order recommended by your machine’s manufacturer.
- Put the pan into your bread machine and close the lid. Select the dough setting and turn the machine on.
- Once the dough forms a ball, you might have to adjust it slightly with either a dusting of flour or a sprinkling of water.
- Upon completion of the dough cycle, remove the dough from the pan onto a lightly floured or oiled surface. Knead to get the air out and the dough becomes smooth.
- Cut the dough into 4 ounce pieces. Shape each ball of dough into buns.
- Place rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover lightly with a clean towel and allow to rise until double in size (approximately 30 minutes).
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Just before you put the rolls into the oven, mix the egg and the water in a small bowl. Brush each hamburger bun lightly with the egg wash. This will give you a shine to your hamburger buns.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until browned. The hamburger buns should have a hollow sound when you tap on them. The bake time will depend on the size of your rolls and the temperature of your oven.