Breakfast Taco Bowls
Breakfast Taco Bowls – Sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast bowl that will start your day off right! These are sure to be a hit!!
- 8 to 10 links frozen pre-cooked sausage
- 1 small to medium onion, diced
- 1 Anaheim chile, diced
- 6 eggs
- Fajita or taco seasoning (to taste)
- 6 El Paso Soft Tortilla Bowls
- Shredded cheese
- Your favorite taco toppings:
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped tomatoes,
- Diced avocado,
- Sour Cream
- In a 12″ skillet, add sausage. Cook according to the package directions.
- When the sausage is done, move to a cutting board. Cut into small pieces. Place the sausage in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the onions. Cook until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add the chopped peppers. Cook until softened.
- Remove the onions and peppers to a bowl. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Beat at least 100 times until the yolks and whites are fully incorporated.
- In the skillet over very low heat, add butter and spray with a small about of olive oil to prevent the butter from browning.
- Add the eggs slowly. Cook using Amy’s method for Perfect Fluffy Scrambled Eggs.
- Season with fajita or taco seasoning (to taste).
- Add the onions, peppers, and sausage on top of the eggs.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- On a sheet pan fitted with a rack, put the tortilla bowls on the rack.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with the egg mixture.
- Top with your favorite cheese.
- Put the Breakfast Taco Bowls into the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and heat the tortillas.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings: fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, and salsa.
- Plate and enjoy!
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.