Cheesecake Bars – Peppermint cheesecake drizzled with chocolate. Perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day! Change the color to match your holiday decorations!
- Category: Cheesecake
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 30 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 packages of cream cheese, 8 ounce size
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the chocolate wafer cookies. Process until cookies are turned into crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Line a 9 x 9 square baking pan with foil. Put the cookie crumbs into the baking pan and press into the bottom of the pan and form the crust.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese and the sugar. Using the paddle attachment, beat until combined. Add the sour cream and peppermint extract and combine. Add eggs, one at a time and allow to incorporate.
- Pour 1/2 of the filling over the crust in the prepared pan. Return the bowl to the mixer and add green food coloring and beat slowly until the filling is green.
- Pour the green filling over the first layer in the baking pan and gently spread out (be careful not to combine the colors). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes until the center is just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to completely cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, put into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours so it can set.
- While the cheesecake is in the refrigerator, melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Once melted, put it into a piping bag. When you get ready to use it, clip the end so you can pipe the chocolate.
- Unmold the cheesecake bars and cut into bars. Place bars on a platter and pipe the chocolate onto the bars in zig zags.
- Serve and enjoy!