Cherry Pie Cookies
Cherry Pie Cookies – Made from store bought cherry pie filling. These cookies are festive and adorable! They will become a family favorite!
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
- 2 rolled pie crusts (found in the cheese and lunch meat section of the grocery) or homemade
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- Turbinado sugar
- Remove pie crust form the package. Roll out gently until it is smooth (Don’t make it thin). Cut into small strips for the lattice on the cookies. Then, using the second pie crust, cut out the cookie base with a biscuit cutter and set on a plate.
- In the bowl of your food processor, add the cherry pie filling, Process using quick pulses (3 or 4 times) just to break it down slightly. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out the cookie base. Put a small scoop of the pie filling onto each cookie base.Top with the strips of pie crust in a lattice pattern.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and add a little water. Whisk and brush on the cookies. Sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake the cookies in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes. Cool on a rack and enjoy!