Chicken Corn Chowder with Bacon
Chicken Corn Chowder with Bacon – A creamy corn chowder that is dairy free. This soup will warm you up and comfort your soul!
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- 12 oz thick sliced bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 pounds butter potatoes, peeled and chopped into a large dice
- 8 – 9 cups chicken stock (homemade is preferred)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 12 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into bacon bits. Cook bacon in your Ninja, dutch oven, or stockpot over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Set aside.
- Cook the onion in the bacon grease until translucent. Add leek and saute 1 – 2 minutes. Add carrots a saute to soften a little. Add celery and bell pepper and cook until slightly soften. Add garlic and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the vegetables and cover with chicken stock. Allow to cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove half of the potatoes and a little broth into a bowl. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Return the blended mixture to your soup. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add to the soup. Then, add coconut milk or heavy cream. Stir to combine. Add frozen corn, pulled chicken, and cooked bacon.
- Cover the soup and cook for 45 minutes to an hour until thickened. Serve and enjoy!