Chicken Fideo – A budget friendly recipe made from thin vermicelli type pasta. Fideo is a classic comfort dish!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package Fideo (7.05 ounce package)
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can fire roasted green chiles
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- In deep skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter.
- Season the chicken with salt & fresh ground black pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Brown until it is about 80% cooked.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet. Saute until translucent.
- Add the fideo. Saute until slightly toasted.
- Add the Rotel, fire roasted green chiles, and chicken broth.
- Season with cumin, granulated garlic, Mexican Oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer over medium low until the fideo is tender.
- When the fideo is done, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Connect with Amy