Chicken and Green Chile Flautas with Avocado Crema
Chicken and Green Chile Flautas – Also known as Chicken Taquitos. Chicken and fire roasted chilies are rolled in flour tortillas and fried golden brown. It is topped with a homemade Avocado Crema with Cilantro & Lime, tomatoes, and queso fresco.
- 3 – 4 cups cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans fire roasted green chilies
- Salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Fajita seasoning (to taste)
- 1 small bunch chopped cilantro
- 2 – 3 diced tomatoes
- Flour tortillas
- Canola oil
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and green chilies. Season with fajita seasoning, salt & pepper to taste. Saute until the meat is hot.
- When the chicken is hot, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Slightly warm the flour tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- Put a small amount of the meat mixture in a tortilla and roll. Secure with a toothpick.
- Fill your desired number of flautas. You can save the extra meat for another meal.
- Put 2 inches of canola oil in a cast iron skillet or deep saute pan. Heat to medium heat.
- Cook each flauta until the tortillas are brown.
- Remove from the oil to a rack and drain.
- When all your flautas are cooked, plate 2 on a bed of shredded lettuce for garnish (if desired).
- Top or pipe with Amy’s Avocado Creme with Cilantro & Lime. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro diced tomatoes, and queso fresco.