Chicken, Mushroom, and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Chicken, Mushroom, and Asparagus Stir-Fry – Easy stir fry that is served over rice. A great weeknight meal!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin wedges and separated
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 – 2 pounds chicken breast, sliced into thin slices
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 – 4 tablespoons canola or stir-fry oil
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce. Add the chicken stock, honey, soy sauce, ground ginger, granulated garlic, crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables and the chicken. Place each into separate prep bowls. Set aside.
- Add the 1/3 cup all-purpose flour into a breading tray. Coat the chicken in the flour and shake off.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat.
- Add a small amount of oil and allow it to heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until it is almost done.
- Remove the chicken onto a plate. Tent to keep it warm.
- Add a little more oil to the wok. Add the onions and stir fry.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry. Add mushrooms. Stir fry until crisp tender.
- Add sauce and bring to a low boil. It will thicken.
- Return the chicken to the wok. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Plate over rice.