Chipotle Black Bean Dip or Refried Beans
Chipotle Black Bean Dip or Refried Beans – Rich and creamy. Great with your favorite tortilla chips or as a side to your favorite Mexican dish.
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans, drained, rinsed, and strained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 –2 chipotle peppers
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- While the onions are cooking, put the black beans to the jar of a blender.
- Add the chicken broth, garlic, cumin, salt, adobo sauce, chipotle pepper, and salt into the blender with the beans.
- Blend until smooth (or as desired).
- Put blended beans into the saute pan with the onions over medium heat. Heat slowly and allow it to thicken to your desired consistency. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour into small bowl and serve with chips. Enjoy!!