Chipotle Chicken Wrap with Avocado
Chipotle Chicken Wrap with Avocado – These wraps are packed with flavor!! The chipotle mayo and avocado take these wraps over the top!
- Category: Sandwiches & Wraps
- Cuisine: American
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into ¼ moons
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Chipotle powder to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 wraps
- Chipotle aioli or mayonnaise to taste
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Brine the chicken in a saltwater solution. Rinsed it and put it back to refrigerator and cover it overnight.
- Cut red & green bell peppers into strips and then 1 inch chunks. Slice the onion into ¼ moons. Slice the tomato.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin bite size pieces. Add the chicken to a bowl and lightly coat with olive oil to make it slightly saucy. Season to taste with chipotle powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat (using a separate cast iron skillet to heat the wraps will make the process faster). Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook until translucent and begins to caramelize.
- Once the onions and bell have softened, add the chicken and cook until done.
- Warm wraps in the second cast iron skillet. Remove to a plate and dress with chipotle aioli. Top with slices of avocado and tomato. Add your desired amount of chicken and top with shredded lettuce.
- Roll the wrap by tucking in the ends and folding over one side of the wrap to cover the contents. Pull back slightly and roll into a burrito shape. Cut in half and plate.