Eric’s French Dip Sandwich with Au Jus
Classic French Dip Sandwich with Au Jus – Thin sliced Ribeye steak on a hoagie or sub roll with a homemade Au Jus. One of our favorites!
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Penzey’s Sunny Paris (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced Ribeye Steak
- 2 hoagie or sub rolls
- Cheese (if desired)
- Slice onion into half moons. Separate rings. Put into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the beef broth and the seasonings. Bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the thinly sliced ribeye.
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes until the ribeye is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Toast the hoagie or sub rolls topped with cheese.
- Fill the sandwich with the ribeye.
- Ladle the Au Jus into a small bowl.
- Dip the sandwich into the juice as you eat.