How to Cook Perfect Crispy Hash Browns
How to Cook Perfect Crispy Hash Browns – The key to perfect hash browns is to rinse and spin dry your shredded potatoes. They are crispy and delicious!
- Cuisine: American
- 6 – 8 russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- Ketchup or your favorite sauce
- Peel the potatoes and place in a bowl of water.
- Shred the potatoes in a food processor.
- Return the shredded potatoes to the water as you prepare them. This prevents browning.
- Start heating a large nonstick frying pan with oil.
- Place a few handfuls of the shredded potatoes in a salad spinner basket.
- Over running water, rinse the potatoes thoroughly to remove the starch.
- Place the basket into the salad spinner. Spin out as much water as you can. The potatoes will be light and fluffy.
- Fry the potatoes in batches until they are brown and crispy. Don’t stir them too much. Brown one side and then flip. If you flip too much, you won’t get a good crispy result.
- Remove the cooked potatoes to a rack to drain.
- Season with salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning blend).
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite sauce.