Corn Fritters – Southern style recipe that uses fresh corn cut off the cob. It is sweet and fresh tasting. Served with a honey or maple syrup.
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 –3 tablespoons oil
- Clean the corn by removing the husks and washing it.
- Remove the kernels off the corn on the cob into a bundt pan, including scraping the corn milk.
- Separate the yolks and the whites of the eggs into two bowls.
- Beat the yolks for 3 minutes until pale yellow in color.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, and black pepper and mix into the egg yolks. Then add the corn and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl and after washing your beaters, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the corn mixture.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet or saute pan.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan into small pancake size fritters. Cook a couple minutes on each side until golden brown and the center is done. Drain on a rack or paper towel.
- Season as desired and serve with your favorite sauce, honey, etc. Enjoy!