Country Breakfast Skillet
Country Breakfast Skillet – A hearty skilled filled with breakfast favorites: eggs, potatoes, bacon, onion, cheese, tomatoes and chives. It is soooo good!!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 sliced of bacon, cut into bacon bits
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 – 8 eggs
- Shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- BBQ rub, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan until they are slightly softened. In a frypan, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain and set aside. In the same frying pan, cook the onions until translucent. Set aside.
- Add the slightly softened potatoes to the fry pan with a little olive oil and cook until brown. While the potatoes are cooking, crack and whip the eggs in a bowl. Add a little BBQ rub to the eggs to season.
- Once the potatoes are browned, add the eggs and scramble to your desired doneness. Once done, top with onions, bacon, chopped tomato, cheese, and chives.
- Serve and enjoy!