Crepes Suzette – Amy’s easy Basic Crepes are folded into an orange syrup that is spiked with Grand Marnier and then flambed!!
- 4 crepes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar. Allow the sugar to start melting.
- Add the butter and whisk until it melts and turns amber color.
- Add the orange juice and continue to whisk.
- Add the vanilla and orange zest. Continue to whisk. The sauce will thicken and become a syrup.
- Add the crepes one by one into the sauce. Flip each crepe over to coat and fold it over twice to make a 1/4 fan.
- Temporarily lift the pan off the burner and carefully add the Grand Marnier. Ignite to flambe.
- Return to the burner and allow the flame to go out as the alcohol is burned off.
- Plate the Crepes Suzette with ice cream.