Crispy Chicken Tacos
Crispy Chicken Tacos – Forget that packaged taco seasoning! A flavorful, seasoned broth that is cooked down makes this taco meat delicious!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle (to taste)
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 can fire roasted green chiles
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- In a cast iron pan heated over medium heat, add olive oil. Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground meat and saute until 75% done.
- Drain the fat and add the chicken broth.
- Add the seasonings and stir to combine.
- Cook the meat down until there is only a little liquid for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add fire roasted green chiles.
- Warm taco shells in the oven at 200 degrees.
- Fill the shells with meat, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, cheese and salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!