Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo
Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo – This dish will make you think that it is a full cheese and dairy pasta dish. This dish can be vegan if you use vegan butter.
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 package Daiya dairy free shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons English or Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped basil or parsley
- In a sauté pan, add mushrooms and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 – 2 minutes. Remove from the pan into a bowl and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine almond milk and cornstarch. Mix well.
- In the sauté pan, melt the butter. Add the almond mixture and allow to heat up and thicken. Once it begins to thicken, add the Daiya dairy free cheese. Stir until it melts. Add mustard. Continue to stir until it thickens.
- In the sauce, add back the mushrooms and onions. Salt & pepper to taste. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- In a stockpot, bring water to a boil. Add salt and olive oil to season. Cook fettuccine according to the package directions. Take a stock of water in a pot and put little bit of olive oil. Add little bit of salt.
- In a large pasta bowl, combine cooked fettuccine and sauce.
- Garnish with chopped basil or parsley if desired.
- Plate and enjoy!