The Dead Virginian Burger AKA The Dead Texan
The Dead Virginian Burger AKA Dead Texan – The Dead Texan done Eric’s way. Two grilled cheese sandwiches are the show stopper in this amazing burger.
- 1 pound Wagyu beef
- 6 slices ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 half-slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices Texas Toast
- 2 eggs
- 2 – 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices of tomato
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lettuce, if desired
- Amy’s Chipotle Mayonnaise, to taste
- Form two half-pound patties into the size of your bread making sure that they are the same thickness. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Grill the burger patties over medium heat to your desired doneness, preferably medium rare.
- To make the “sandwich” buns, butter Texas Toast on one side. On a skillet, flat grill, or griddler, place two slices of bread butter side down. Layer two slices of cheese on each. Then, layer three slices of ham and four half slices of cooked bacon on each. Top with two more slices of cheese and another piece of Texas Toast, butter side up. Grill on each side until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- In a nonstick pan, heat a little bit of olive and crack the eggs into the pan. Cook over medium. Season with salt & pepper.
- Assemble the burger using the grilled sandwiches as the bun. Top with meat, Amy’s Chipotle Mayonnaise, bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato.