Deep Fried Peeps with Chocolate Fondue
Deep Fried Peeps with Chocolate Fondue – Sweet, fried pillows of marshmallow goodness topped with a rich chocolate fondue sauce.
- 2 boxes of Peeps
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half and half or whole milk
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In the bowl of a double boiler, Perfect cooker, or microwave, add the chocolate chips and milk. Slowly heat and melt the chocolate until a sauce forms. Keep warm over low heat.
- To prepare the batter, mix together the pancake mix, water, egg, and canola oil in a separate bowl.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and a rack for draining the fried Peeps.
- In a dutch oven, add 2 inches of oil. Heat to 375 degrees.
- Drop a Peep one by one in the batter and the fryer. For the best results, fry the Peeps two at a time.
- Remove each Peep onto the draining rack.
- Fry the desired amount of Peeps a few minutes. Turn as needed to cook on all sides.
- Plate a Peep, dust with powdered sugar, and drizzle the chocolate fondue on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.