Easy Baked Rigatoni Pasta
Easy Baked Rigatoni – Doctored up jarred pasta sauce. A great dish for a weeknight meal that will give you lots of leftovers.
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 pound white mushrooms, chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Penzey’s Tuscan Sunset or your favorite Italian seasoning
- Pinch of sugar to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese as desired
- Cook ground meat 80% of the way in a sauté pan. Remove from pan, drain, and set aside.
- Fill a stockpot with water. Bring to a boil and add salt and olive oil to season.
- In the sauté pan, heat olive oil and cook the onion until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened and lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add cooked meat. Stir well.
- Add spaghetti sauce.
- Season sauce with Penzey’s Tuscan Sunset or your favorite Italian seasoning. Add a little sugar to cut acidity. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook rigatoni according to the package directions to just before the al dente stage. Don’t cook noodles completely as they will cook further in oven.
- Add the cooked rigatoni to a 9 x 13 baking pan. Add sauce and combine. Top with Parmesan cheese as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and the dish is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven. Serve and enjoy!