Easy Braised Chicken & Mushrooms with Rice
Easy Braised Chicken & Mushrooms with Rice – Great for both a casual weeknight meal as well as a special weekend dinner. Your family will enjoy it!
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Prepared rice
- Trim, clean, and butterfly chicken breasts.
- Setup your breading station. In 1 pan, add all-purpose flour. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Stir it well to combine.
- In a second pan, add eggs and of milk. Whip until combined.
- In a sauté pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Dredge each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then the flour mixture.
- Cook chicken in the sauté pan approximately 6 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside.
- In the same sauté pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium and add mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until they soften and brown a little. Remove them from the pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Add onions to the sauté pan and cook until translucent.
- In a measuring cup, stir together the chicken broth, white wine, lemon juice and corn starch.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the sauté pan and deglaze the pan.
- Return the chicken and mushrooms to the sauté pan. Bring it to a simmer and braise until the chicken is fully cooked. This should take approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms back into the sauté pan 5 minutes before the chicken is done.
- Plate over rice and enjoy!