Easy Chicken and Biscuits AKA Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Biscuits AKA Chicken and Dumplings – Easy weeknight chicken dinner made with canned biscuits and a creamy gravy.
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 12 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 or 4 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- Granulated garlic to taste
- French thyme to taste
- Sage to taste
- Dash of paprika for color
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can of biscuits
- Heat some olive oil in an oven safe sauté pan. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add a little more olive oil. Add flour and cook until raw taste is gone.
- Pour in chicken stock and milk. Stir it well to remove any lumps.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables.
- Let broth heat up and begin to thicken. Add chopped rotisserie chicken. Continue to simmer until gravy is thickened.
- Season with granulated garlic, sage, paprika, fresh ground pepper & salt.
- Place biscuits on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until biscuits are browned and gravy is bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!