Easy Chicken Salad – Slow Cooker Recipe
Easy Chicken Salad – Slow Cooker Recipe – Made from boneless, skinless chicken breast that is cooked in the Crockpot or slow cooker. This is great in a sandwich or with crackers.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 – 3 stalks of celery
- Tarragon, chopped to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce for garnish
- Wash and trim chicken. Pour chicken broth into a Crockpot or slow cooker. Add the chicken. Cook the chicken on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred or dice as desired. Add chicken to a mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- Once the chicken is completely chilled, add the onions, celery and tarragon. Stir to combine. Add mayonnaise as desired. For a twist, add grapes, pineapples, nuts, or other spices. Mix well. Season with Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of leaf lettuce with crackers or on bread. Be sure to store the chicken salad in the refrigerator to prevent spoilage.