Smoked Chicken on the Backwoods Smoker
Smoked Chicken on the Backwoods Smoker – Juicy, tender, and smoked chicken brushed with your favorite BBQ sauce. Great for pulled chicken sandwiches!
- Category: BBQ
- Cuisine: American
- 1 whole brined chicken
- BBQ rub to taste
- Brine the chicken using a classic salt water brine.
- Remove the chicken from the brine onto a platter. Pat dry.
- Return to the refrigerator uncovered for several hours until the chicken is completely dry.
- Rub the chicken with BBQ rub inside the cavity as well as under and on the skin.
- Smoke the chicken at 300 degrees in a smoker. We use a Backwoods Smoker Fatboy or a Weber Smokey Mountain AKA WSM. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees (Amy prefers chicken cooked to a higher temperature). This should take approximately 1 to 1/2 hours. If you are using a gas or charcoal grill, cook the chicken on indirect heat.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker. Pull, chop, or cut into pieces. Enjoy!