Fire Roasted Green Chile Peppers on the Grill
Fire Roasted Green Chile Peppers – Fire up your BBQ Grill! These roasted green chile peppers are perfect for your Mexican recipe!
- 8 – 10 green peppers (your favorite variety)
- Fire a charcoal (or gas) grill.
- Place the green peppers over direct heat on the grill.
- Grill until the peppers are charred. The skin will blacken, soften, and they will become very fragrant. It will take 5 to 15 minutes depending on the size and types of peppers.
- When the peppers are done, place in a heat proof mixing bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Seal tightly.
- Allow to steam for about 15 minutes. This will loosen the skin.
- After the peppers steam, remove to a cutting board.
- Slit the peppers in half. Cut off the stem and remove the seeds. Peel off the skin.
- Chop, slice into strips, or leave whole, as desired.