Fire Roasted Salsa
Fire Roasted Salsa – Tomatoes and chile peppers are charred over charcoal or wood. This salsa has a nice “fire roasted” taste.
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 – 4 jalapeno peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Light your charcoal grill.
- Oil the grate with a little vegetable or canola.
- Add a second grate in a criss-cross pattern to keep the vegetables from falling through the grate.
- Roast the tomatoes and jalapeno on each side until their are nicely charred. It will take approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl and allow to cool. Drain any excess liquid.
- Add the charred tomatoes and jalapeno into the jar of your blender.
- Add the cilantro, onions, and garlic.
- Season the salt and pepper.
- Pulse to blend the ingredients.
- Remove to a serving bowl. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.