Food Processor Homemade White Bread
Food Processor Homemade White Bread – Quick and easy soft bread that is great for slathering with butter. Perfect as a loaf or rolls.
- 1 cup water +/- 2 tablespoons (approximately 110 degrees F)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast (I use SAF)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine water and yeast. Stir until it dissolved.
- Add olive oil and stir. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a large food processor, add bread flour, salt, and sugar. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Turn the food processor on and slowly pour the water mixture in through the chute.
- Once the mixture becomes a ball, continue to process about 2 minutes to knead. You may need to add an additional tablespoon or two of water to get the ball to form.
- Lightly oil a bowl.
- Remove the dough onto a cutting board. Knead until it becomes a smooth ball.
- Put the dough into the bowl smooth side down. Flip to coat the other side with oil.
- Cover with a tea towel and allow to rise about 40 minutes until it is doubled in size.
- Once it is doubled in size, remove the dough onto a lightly floured cutting board.
- Knead until the air is out and flatten into a rectangle shape.
- Roll from one of the long sides into a loaf. Pinch the ends to seal.
- Place into a loaf pan or on a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can make this into a loaf, rolls, or buns.
- Allow to rise about 30 – 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and a small amount of water to make an egg wash.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- When the dough has risen, slash with a bread lame or very sharp serrated knife.
- Lightly brush the bread with the egg wash being careful not to deflate it.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden. The bread will have a hollow sound when thumped with your finger. The internal temperature will read approximately 190 – 200 degrees F when done.
- Remove from oven onto a rack. Allow to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!