French Apple Tart
French Apple Tart – Made with puff pastry and Granny Smith apples. Glazed with apricot jam. This dessert is beautiful and delicious!
- Category: Dessert
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Lightly roll out your sheet of puff pastry. Trim edges to make an even shape. Using a ruler, score the puff pastry on each side 1″ from the edge without cutting through the pastry. Place the puff pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Quarter the apples and remove the core. Slice the apples into thin slices. In a bowl, add the apples, sugar, and cinnamon and stir to coat.
- Layer the apples in three rows on the puff pastry.
- In a small bowl, make an egg wash by whisking egg and water. Brush egg wash over uncovered edge of the puff pastry.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes. Begin checking the tart after 15 minutes and watch for browning.
- Cut with a pizza cutter into desired sized servings. Plate and enjoy!