French Toast with Sugared Strawberries
French Toast with Sugared Strawberries – Classic French Toast drizzled in maple syrup and topped with sweet sugared strawberries.
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 pieces of thick cut soft French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk (approximately)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a bowl, add sliced strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until the yolks and whites are thoroughly combined.
- Add milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of butter to grease the griddle. Spray with a small spritz of olive to keep the butter from browning.
- Dunk the slices of bread into the egg and milk mixture. Flip to coat each side.
- Cook the bread on the griddle to a medium brown on each side. Remove to a platter one by one.
- Plate the French Toast and top with butter, maple syrup, and sliced strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.