Fresh Cut Homemade French Fries
Fresh Cut Homemade French Fries – Results in perfectly cooked french fries that are soft in the middle and golden brown on the outside.
- 6 – 8 russet potatoes
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper, and/or french fry seasoning to taste
- Peel potatoes and place into a large bowl of water.
- Cut potatoes into fries using a french fry cutter or knife.
- Fill your fryer to the required level according to the manual. If you are using a pot on the stovetop, fill pot with 3 – 4 inches of oil.
- Heat your oil to 265 degrees.
- Cook fries is batches for approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove each batch from the oil and place a on a cooling rack set over a parchment lined sheet pan.
- For the second fry, heat oil to 355 degrees.
- Cook each batch of fries for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove fries to the cooling rack.
- Season as desired with salt, pepper and/or your favorite french fry seasoning.
- Serve & enjoy!