Fried Artichoke Hearts
Fried Artichoke Hearts – Great for an appetizer or for parties. Amy’s Honey Mustard Sauce is the perfect dipping sauce.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 jar whole artichoke hearts in water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch of cayenne, as desired
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- Oil for frying
- Remove the number of artichoke hearts that you wish to make onto a paper towel lined plate. Cut each in half and return to the plate to drain.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add granulated garlic and cayenne. Whisk to combine.
- Add egg and water. Combine to form a batter.
- In a cast iron skillet or saute pan, heat oil (1 – 1/2 inch). Set a plate nearby with a paper towel for draining.
- Dip the artichoke hearts into the batter and add to the frying oil. Be careful because it can splatter. Fry until golden. Remove to the paper towel lined plate.
- Plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as Amy’s honey mustard sauce.