Fried Green Tomatoes
Fried Green Tomatoes – Uses a simple flour, egg, and cornmeal coating and fried until golden brown. A slightly tangy southern style comfort food.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 4 large green tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Cajun seasoning (to taste)
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Slice the tomatoes as thick or thin as you prefer. Place slices on a rack over a parchment lined cookie sheet. Salt the tomato slices. Allow the slices to drain.
- Setup a three pan breading station. Add the flour to the first pan. Beat the eggs and the milk. Add to the second breading pan. In the third pan, add the yellow cornmeal. Season the flour and cornmeal with Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the tomato slices in the flour, egg, and cornmeal. Return the slices to the rack.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep saute. Fry the tomatoes until golden brown. Drain on the rack.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.