Fried Rice – Classic Fried Rice that can be made with chicken, pork, shrimp or just vegetables. It is a great way to use up leftover rice!
- 2 –4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup diced or shredded carrots
- 2 – 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 cups frozen peas (as desired)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Chili sauce, to taste
- Sesame oil, to taste
- 3 green onions, cut into rounds.
- In a wok or deep saute or fry pan, add oil and add onion. Cook until the onion is starting to soften. Add carrots and stir fry until the carrot starts to soften but still crisp. Keep the ingredients moving so it does not burn. Add garlic and stir fry 1 – 2 minutes.
- Move the ingredients in the wok to one side and add the egg. Scramble the egg to your desired doneness.
- Stir the eggs into the rest of the ingredients. Add the peas. Add cooked rice. Stir fry until rice and peas are heated through. Season with soy sauce and chili sauce to taste. Top with green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!