Green Beans with Bacon and Onions
Green Beans with Bacon and Onions – Crisp tender green beans with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and bacon make a quick side dish. A simple sauce made with balsamic vinegar really brings this dish alive!
- 1/3 pound bacon, cut into bacon bits
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 –3 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 package fresh or frozen green beans
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut bacon up into bacon bits.
- Add bacon to a saute pan and cook until crisp or to your taste.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Add shallots to the saute pan. Saute shallots in the bacon drippings until softened.
- Add garlic and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add thyme and saute 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute until browned and softened.
- Add green beans and saute until crisp tender.
- Deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar. Let it cook down until it becomes a sauce.
- Top with the cooked bacon.
- Plate and serve!